Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use the Site. By using the Site, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect information from and about users of our Site directly from you when you provide it to us and/or automatically when you use the Site.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you register with or use this Site, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number, geolocation, device identification number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”), or that is about you but individually does not identify you. This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site, including information provided at the time of registering to use the Site.
- Information that you provide when you enter a contest or a promotion sponsored by us.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders (note that you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Site).
- Your search queries on the Site. You may be able to access features of the Site by using your Facebook or other social media accounts. Your privacy settings on your Facebook or other social media accounts, as well as the social media companies’ respective privacy policies, will determine the personal and other information that may be shared with us when you access the Site.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
When you access and use the Site, it may use technology to automatically collect certain information, including but not limited to:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect the domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet address of the website from which you direct-linked to the Site, the date and time you access the Site and pages you visit, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer’s or device’s IP address and information about its operating system, platform, location, and the web browser type and version you use.
- Location and Other Information. We may collect real-time information about the location of your device as well as demographic, usage patterns and other non-personally identifiable profile information about you.
We also may use technologies to collect information about your usage of the Site over time. We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. While you may block or disable cookies, if you do, the Site may not function and appear as designed.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site or our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the Site or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include: advertisers, ad networks and ad servers, analytics companies your device manufacturer, etc.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services or websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these third-parties, please go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
How We Use Your Information
For our sites that offer user registration, we may retain this information on a secure server so that on re-visiting our Site, you will not need to re-enter that information. We may use this information in an aggregated form to measure number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, and other relevant statistics. We collect this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
Contacting You Concerning Promotions and New Products.
When you provide us your email address, we may send you emails necessary to process your order or respond to a request. Recipients of our Electronic Gift Certificates will receive an email notifying them of the gift and instructing them how to redeem it. In addition, we will from time to time send you promotional emails unless you have chosen to be removed from our email list. Instructions on how to unsubscribe are included in each edition of the newsletter.
Use of Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including any expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Site updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Vary the content you receive in future visits to the Site based on your preferences and activities on the Site.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated and de-identified information about our users without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, content providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our app users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to personalize services and products offered to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect safety and integrity of the Site, its users, the public or other parties as is deemed appropriate, in its sole discretion..
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our customers, users, contractors or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Disclosure of Aggregate Information
We may combine your personal information and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total dollar amount of sales conducted through the Site in a particular geographic region or to track purchasing trends. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users' information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through more accurate marketing and advertising of the Site. We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of personal information, to other companies with whom we conduct business.
We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you prefer not to receive catalogs or other communications from the Site, please contact us at the address shown below. If you no longer wish to receive our Email Newsletter you also may contact us at the address below or unsubscribe using the link provided in each edition of the email. If you do not want to receive mailings from other carefully screened companies, please contact us at: Tantris Retail, LLC 680 6th Avenue 4th Floor, New York, New York 10018. Please be sure to provide us your exact name and address, or the mailing label from your catalog, so that we can be sure to identify you correctly. Because mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If, due to human error, you continue to receive unwanted communications, please contact us again and we will make every effort to correct the situation.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
We employ procedural and technical safeguards to secure your personal information against loss, theft, alteration, and unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Any information you enter on our accounts setup page is encrypted before transmission to our server by using 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption software. You can safely enter your credit card and personal registration information and it cannot be read in transit to our server. We also employ many security procedures to protect your information from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. Regardless of the precautions taken by us we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
How You Can Protect Your Information.
The following is a list of ways you can protect your information:
- Use only secure websites when disclosing your information. Secure pages begin with "https".
- Avoid using easy to figure out access and personal ID (PIN) codes.
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number or financial information.
- Do not disclose your passwords to the Site or your account information to any other person.
- Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- Our Site may contain "links" to other websites, and we cannot and are not responsible for maintaining your privacy once you leave our Site. If you provide any information to parties who operate websites that are linked to or from this Site, different rules may apply to their collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review other websites' policies before revealing any sensitive or personal information. Under no circumstances shall we have any liability whatsoever for the activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through the Site.
Processing Your Information
The Site is hosted in the United States, and governed by and operated in accordance with U.S. law. Your use of the Site from the European Union or any other place in the world means you agree to transfer, store and process your personal information to and in the United States, which laws may not provide the same level of protection of those in the country from which you access the Site. We may limit the availability of the Site or any service or product described on the Site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting kids' privacy online. We do not seek to collect personal information from persons under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received such information online from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it from our records. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 13 who has provided personal information to us, please inform us by contacting us at [email@example.com] and we will remove such information from our database. If you are concerned about your children's use of the Site, you may use web filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
Your California Privacy Rights
According to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, a California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes ("California Customer") is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide the above-described lists if the business adopts and discloses to the public (in its Policy) a Policy of not disclosing customers personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless the customer first affirmatively agrees to the disclosure, as long as the business maintains and discloses this Policy. Rather, the business may comply with the law by notifying the customer of his or her right to prevent disclosure of personal information and providing a cost free means to exercise that right.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF US TO YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR ANY PRODUCTS OFFERED ON THE WEBSITE OR U.S. $100.00.
If you have any concern or complaint about privacy on the Site, please contact us at Tantris Retail, LLC 680 6th Avenue 4th Floor, New York, New York 10018 or email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We will do our best to respond to you in a timely and professional manner in order to answer your questions and resolve your concerns.